tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 02 09:53:12 2009

Re: Klingon Draydels

Mark J. Reed ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Terrence Donnelly
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Does the order of the letters on the dreidel match the order of the sentence, or can you mix them up?

On the ones I've seen the order does indeed match the sentence - right
to left, to match the direction of Hebrew writing.  So in the
counterclockwise direction as seen from the top they are in order NUN
GIMEL HE SHIN (except with PE instead of SHIN on Israeli dreidels).

However, I don't know if this is a requirement or just a common convention.

-marqoS
--
Mark J. Reed <[email protected]>

Back to archive top level