tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 02 09:51:20 2009

Re: Klingon Draydels

Krenath ([email protected])

Fortunately, in pIqaD, p, b, gh, and Q are quite distinctive.

And if we're going to this much effort, why not pIqaD? :)

On Dec 2, 2009, at 12:07 PM, "ghunchu'wI' 'utlh" <[email protected]>
wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 11:07 AM, Michael Roney, Jr.
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> So if I were to label a draydel in pIqaD, they'd still be able to
>> play.
>>
>> Now before I get started, has anyone done this yet?
>
> I've not actually made one, but many years ago I came up with this:
>
> "pa' QuDmo' bechchu' ghol} "The opponent suffered completely because
> of the insurrection there."
>
> pa' :: p :: pagh (nothing)
> QuDmo' :: Q :: Qapla' (success)
> bechchu' :: b :: bID (half)
> ghol :: gh :: ghaq (contribute)
>
> It occurs to me that {p} and {b} are just similar enough to confuse
> people the way nun and gimel sometimes do. :)
>
> -- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level