tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Aug 19 07:38:03 2009

Re: Star Trek Klingon opening dialogue

qurgh lungqIj ([email protected])

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Steven Boozer <[email protected]>wrote:
> qurgh:
> >Does anyone have a transcript of what Gowron says at the start of Star
> >Trek Klingon?
>
> AFAIK no one has ever been able to successfully decipher this speech, but
> here's what I have in my notes:

I found out from Marc today what Gowron's speech is based on. He said it's a
translation of the "O for a Muse of fire" prologue from Henry V (
http://shakespeare.mit.edu/henryv/henryv.1.0.html). This sounds right since
the first line definably has the word <qul> in it.

If we are lucky, and it's not to hard for him to find, Marc said he would
look around and see if he can find the translation he did for it.

If I hear anything else I'll be sure to post it here.

qurgh

Back to archive top level