tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 04 09:02:26 2008

A stupid translation request

nahqun ([email protected])

I remember someone saying that they can say anything THEY want to in Klingon, but translating other's ideas was not always doable.

I got a request to translate "Stupidity is stupidity and there is no pill to help". I'll note that while I was pondering it, I mis-remembered it as "... no pill for it."

I'm pretty sure by the time a work around is found, it'll be like that "spurs" thread a few days ago.

After some thought, I came up with this:

valHa'ghachvaD tu'lu'be' qa'meH vIttlhegh.

This was before I remembered QIp.

I don't like using -ghach (big surprise), but using it (on either verb) would tend to mark it in a way to show that their "stupidity" is of a special kind and not able to be 'fixed'.

Comments?

~naHQun

--

(This e-mail was composed and sent using a phone. This phone does not support spellcheck.)

http://twitter.com/roneyii

Back to archive top level