tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Sep 20 18:26:25 2007

Re: Positioning for emphasis

Doq ([email protected])

On Sep 19, 2007, at 10:51 PM, David Trimboli wrote:
> As for arguments that a language is about communication and certain
> list
> members wouldn't make this semantic connection... I'm sorry, but that
> argument is completely specious. You list elite who would call this a
> barrier to communication — of course you haven't seen this "in the
> wild": you taught most of the people you speak with! You gave them
> your
> own biases of understanding. Get some native Klingon speakers, see
> what
> they think about it, and /then/ I'll accept that argument. Otherwise
> it's just circular.

"List elite" jIH'a'? vay vIghojta'a'? Daj ngoDHeyvam. jIHvaD, chu'.

I'm not quite sure where I exhibited my capacity to teach throngs of
Klingon speakers with my personal bias, but then, I do sleep a lot.
Perhaps I do things in my sleep that I do not, while awake, know about.

qaSlaH. ["It could happen."]

Doq

> SuStel
> Stardate 7718.3