tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 19 05:10:20 2007

Re: Positioning for emphasis

HoD Qanqor QIn lajbe' ja'chuqmeH ghomvam HablI'.  ghaHvaD 'oH vIngeH
'e' tlhob ghaH.

Captain Krankor finds himself unable to post to the discussion forum,
and asks that I forward this on his behalf.

> From: R'nice of Telgar <[email protected]>
> Date: September 19, 2007 4:43:56 AM EDT
>
> TKD 6.1, p.60:
>
>         Any noun in the sentence indicating something *other
>     than subject or object* comes first, before the object noun.
>     Such nouns usually end in a Type 5 noun suffix (section
>     3.3.5). (emphasis added)
>
> So by definition, any "header" noun cannot be the subject.  QED.

Back to archive top level