tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Oct 22 07:47:50 2007

Re: Klingon words from _Diplomatic Implausibility_ (DI)

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

I finally got some time to look at these words closely...

> {jeghpu'wI'} - conquered people

I would have expected jeghwI'pu' here, but I noticed that this must be a verb suffix, so this word is not plural. So "people" does not mean ghotpu' here, but it is "a conquered people".
So, {jeghpu'wI'} means "one who has surrendered", and not "many surrenderers"

Quvar.