tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 18 00:40:39 2007

Re: verb + verb "compound" nouns?

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

> > > {jey} is not a noun but it is an element in the compound noun
> > > {Doghjey} "unconditional surrender".  It's another of those
> > > noun + verb compounds.

Staying "in the game", it might be possible that this word is a shortened form of an antique phrase, maybe {Dogh jeywI'} or something like that.
The same could have happened with {QongmeH Daq}, which now is {QongDaq}.
[that's not canon, it's just me saying that ;-)]

And what about {HIvDuj}? Probably also from {HIvmeH Duj}.

All just theoretically spoken...

Quvar.