tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 16 15:03:07 2007

Re: Klingon WOTD: jey (verb)

On Oct 16, 2007, at 4:17 PM, Steven Boozer wrote:

> {jey} is not a noun but it is an element in the compound noun
> {Doghjey}
> "unconditional surrender".  It's another of those noun + verb
> compounds.

I'm confused.  Despite the introductory phrase, you still seems to be
using {jey} as a noun.  How is {Doghjey} a noun + verb compound if
both {Dogh} and {jey} are verbs?  For that matter, how is {Doghjey} a
"compound noun" in the first place, since neither of its parts is a
noun?

Back to archive top level