tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 02 22:38:18 2007

Re: Klingon Inquiry

QeS 'utlh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' Qov, ja':
>I'm looking at qo' nIvvaD  - [intended] for a superior world,
>or DubmeH qo' - in order that the world improve
>qo' vIDubmoHmeH - So that I may improve the world

We only have two canon instances of {Dub} "improve", both from the SkyBox cards (one on SB14 and one on SB26), and both show that the word means "improve" in its transitive sense, or "to cause to become better" (rather than "improve" in the intransitive sense, which is "to become better"). This being the case, the latter two should be {qo' Dublu'meH} and {qo' vIDubmeH}.

I have no problem with {qo' nIvvaD}.

QeS 'utlh
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD pab po'wI' / Grammarian of the Klingon Language Institute

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' ngo' je
- Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

WIN new Jeep Compass & Off-Road Adventure with Trading Post!

http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Etradingpostcompetition%2Ecom%2Eau%2FOffRoadAdventure%2F%3Freferrer%3Dplace83&_t=763756818&_r=hotmail_email_tagline_July07&_m=EXT

Back to archive top level