tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Nov 29 15:13:02 2007

Re: Now and then?

Robyn Stewart ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

At 09:45 PM 11/28/2007, you wrote:

Could also mean:
we will voyage: we will be voyaging and we will have completed our voyage
we voyaged: we were voyaging and we completed our voyage

If past and present are important then consider:

leng no'; maleng maH

Forgive me if no' is not the correct plural. Someone is blasting
Eurythmics in the background and this is interfering with the smooth
transfer of chemicals amongst my neurons.

I also like the various usages with Hu'/ret/ as suggested by others.

And yes, I am reading my e-mail backwards.

>maleng: malengtaH 'ej malengpu'
>
>The verb approach loses (or at least doesn't necessarily convey) the plural
>sense that I have in the original as: "Voyages in the present, voyages in
>the past".
>
>Obviously, this doesn't do anything with regards to your adverbial /
>conjugation question.
>
>I'll add that I, too saw {ghunchu'wI'}'s interpretation when I first read
>your post and thought the sign to be ambiguous between the two possible
>meanings.
>
>--
>Qang qu'wI'

Back to archive top level