tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 28 22:20:00 2007

Basic grammar question

Qang qu'wI' ([email protected])

Inspired by Doq's post, I've played around with a {tlho'meH jaj lutHom} of
my own. In the process, something has caused me to puzzle a little:
I wrote {maleng QorDu'wIj jIH je}.

But it seems that the {ma-} should imply {jIH} as part of the subject.

{maleng QorDu'wIj} seems odd, but that may be a result of thinking in the
DIvI' Hol interpretation, perhaps it's not odd in tlhIngan Hol.

Also, perhaps {maleng QorDu'maj} would work in tlhIngan Hol even though it
seems (a little) odd in DIvI' Hol.

I would be interested to know if there is some strong evidence from MO for
any of these, and if not, how they would be taken by any {tlhIngan Hol
jatlhwI'} who would care to offer an opinion.

--
Qang qu'wI'

Back to archive top level