tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 19 07:37:12 2007

Re: suffixes on adjectival verbs

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Voragh:
> > It's likely that Okrand considered {-be'} such an obviously useful and
> > common suffix that he forgot that he had inadvertently disallowed it.

Qang qu'wI':

Doq wrote:
>motlhbe' is in the original TKD word list.

True, but {motlhbe'} "be unusual" is not a separate verb.  IOW you cannot
add {-be'} and say *{motlhbe'be'} "not be unusual".  It was included simply
to make it easy for the average non-linguist Star Trek fan who wanted to
look up "unusual".

A similar question came up on startrek.klingon (Nov. 30, 1997) WRT suffixed

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level