tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 14 13:58:57 2007

Re: chu''a' cha' mu', wej mu' ghap?

Terrence Donnelly ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

Yes and no. I can't find my old notes (I think I
cleaned house after I finished the last Kliflash
version and threw them out), so I can't cite my
source, but I remain convinced that both {jIn} and
{Qompu'} are legitimate, Okrand-created words. I trust
myself and simply can't believe that I misunderstood
or misinterpreted something to the point of making up
two whole new words.

I never kept track of sources in my work because the
sources don't really matter to me.  I trusted myself
enough not to add a word to my lexicon if I didn't
trust the source.  I always figured that the books,
HolQeD, the e-mail archives and Voragh could provide
sources when needed.

I didn't think that providing sources was my function
in writing Kliflash. I made the promise that the words
were all canon, and until now, no-one has ever doubted
me. But I did include a notes function if sources were
important to others, so they could add them.

So, I can't prove {jIn} and {Qompu'} are canon, but I
believe they are.  Make of that what you will.  And,
absent any change in our information, that is the last
I will say about that.

-- ter'eS

--- Qang qu'wI' <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Nov 12, 2007 11:03 AM, Terrence Donnelly
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >

> > This was not exactly the help I was expecting. I'm
> > _sure_ I saw the word {jIn} explicitly defined as
> > brew", and people speculating on the obvious pun
> with
> > "gin", and _not_ in the context of raktajino.  I
> will
> > need to check my sources when I get home...
> >

> qawHaqlIj Danaw'ta''a'?  tlhIngan Hol mu'na' 'oH'a'
> <jIn>'e'?
>

> --
> Qang qu'wI'

Back to archive top level