tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 07 13:15:18 2007

FW: translation

Jonathan Webley ([email protected])

I recently received the email below, requesting a translation.

This is the artist's site: http://www.ronnieheeps.net/

These are some of my attempts. Does anyone else want to try?

Due to bad management by its current inhabitants.

    "Because the inhabitants have mismanaged it..."

    {luvu'Ha'mo' nganpu'...}

    Because the present inhabitants have mismanaged it...

    luvu'Ha'mo' nganpu' SaH...

        (Though I think this might also translate as "Because the
inhabitants have mismanaged it, they care".)

The Klingon Empire claim the right to take this planet for the benefit of
the greater universe.

===================

    "The Klingon empire claim this planet for the universe."

    {'u'vaD yuQvam DoQ tlhIngan wo'.}

    "The Klingon empire claims this planet for the whole universe."

    {Dol 'u'vaD yuQvam DoQ tlhIngan wo'.}

This rock is an official legally binding claim marker.

    "This rock is a legal marker."

    {ghItlh nub 'oH naghvam.}

    "This rock is a legal claim marker"

    {DoQmeH ghItlh nub 'oH naghvam.}

We will be arriving soon,

=========================

    {tugh mapaw,}

your future is assured.

    "You will certainly survive."

    {SutaHbej.}

    "You will certainly continue to survive."

    {SutaHbejtaH.}

narghchugh Hewvam, vISuch 'ej Saja'.

Jon

  _____