tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 05 13:00:50 2007

Re: Klingon WOTD: DIvI'may'Duj (noun)

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

>This is the Klingon Word Of The Day for Monday, November 5, 2007.
>
>Category: Weapons/War
>
>Klingon word:   DIvI'may'Duj
>Part of Speech: noun
>Definition:     Federation battle cruiser

Used in canon:

   DIvI'may'DujmeyDaq
   at/to the Federation battle cruisers (TKD)

Related nouns:

{may'Duj} battle cruiser:

   qo'mey Sar charghtaHvIS chaH Dat tlhIngan may'Duj luleghDI' neH qIb
   nganpu' buQpu' may'Duj 'ej ghIjpu' 'oH. nIteb ghIjpu' je Deghvam
   this symbol grew to become as feared throughout the galaxy as the
   menacing profiles of their battlecruisers. SP1

   tlhIngan may'Duj, qItI'nga'
   Klingon Battle Cruiser, K'Tinga Class. S15

   qIvo'rIt may'Duj mach
   smaller version of a K'vort class cruiser. KBoP

   lupDujHomDaq may'Duj vIchegh
   I return to the battle cruiser on the shuttle. (st.k 7/99)

Cf. also  {qughDuj} cruiser;  etc.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons