tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 22 10:12:25 2007

RE: {nech} solved?

Noel Oliver Ignacio ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

Sorry for this message, but i'm new, my name is Noel, and I can't see the
messages for january. I can't send messages for myself if it isn't an
answered. I only recieve the messages in my e-mail. Can you help me?

>From: Steven Boozer <[email protected]>
>To: [email protected]
>Subject: {nech} solved?
>Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 10:35:10 -0600
>
>I was watching the re-mastered first TOS episode "Where No Man Has Gone
>Before" yesterday when I heard Kirk order "Lateral power!"  This was a
>command to the helmsman to bank the ship starboard (or port) using the
>impulse engines after attempting to penetrate the {qIBHeS} "galactic
>rim".  (As usual, the Enterprise's warp-drive was out of commission during
>an emergency.)
>
>Although there are no surprises here, this is very likely the origin of
>{nech} "be lateral, move laterally" which I don't remember ever hearing
>again.  (Anyone else remember someone referring to "lateral" movement
>elsewhere in Trek?)
>
>Related verbs include {Don} "be parallel, go parallel to" and {SaS} "be
>horizontal".
>

>--
>Voragh
>Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Grandes éxitos, superhéroes, imitaciones, cine y TV...
http://es.msn.kiwee.com/ Lo mejor para tu móvil.

Back to archive top level