tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 12 04:41:38 2007

Re: Changing The Language By Inference (was Re: Purpose Clauses)

Cat >^..^< Jefferson ([email protected])

But if your attempts at "original contribution"
keep drifting toward creating vocabulary, please keep them to
yourself.  It is the official policy of the KLI, and of this email
discussion group, that sanctioned Klingon vocabulary comes only
through Marc Okrand.

In my lifetime English vocabulary has grown in leaps and bounds, and there was no one person creating each addition. And so, once again, I bring up an old long debated question.  Does  Klingon vocabulary & language grow or does it stagnate when Dr. Okrand no longer has a desire to bother with it or, God forbid, dies?
If it is allowed to grow after that time, why can the KLI not consider rethinking it's policy in the interim?
Please keep in mind I am not trying to start a war here. I'm simply putting out what I think is a legitimate query.
vIghro'

Back to archive top level