tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 25 11:24:19 2007

Re: bible

naHQun ([email protected])

On 2/25/07, Lieven Litaer <[email protected]> wrote:
> by the way, i know some people are translating the bible into klingon. What is the word they chose for bible? Maybe just paq'a'?
>
> Quvar.

As I understand it "bible" means "a collection of books". ("The Holy
Bible", would be a collection of holy books)
So if <mu'ghom> is "dictionary", could <paqghom> be "bible"?
And then just tack on <quv> to show the significance of the book?

~naHQun

--
Can that which is unsavoury be eaten without salt? or is there any
taste in the white of an egg?

Back to archive top level