tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 29 14:51:29 2007

Re: Art of War Chp. 1 (section 2/3)

qa'vaj ([email protected])

On Dec 29, 2007 1:42 PM, Agnieszka Solska <[email protected]> wrote:

> De'vam tISuq [B]:
> mIw'a' ghajbogh che'wI''e' yIngu',
> laH ghajbogh ra'wI''e' yIngu',
> ghol'e' luQaHbogh muD yav je yIngu',
> ra'meH mIw vaQ ghajbogh ghol'e' yIngu',
> HoS nIv ghajbogh mangghom'e' yIngu',
> yaS po'qu', QaS po'qu' je ghajbogh ghol'e' yIngu',
> popmey nap, bIjmey nap je ghajbogh ghol'e' yIngu'.
>
> De'vammo' leSSov vIghaj
> vaj QapwI' lujwI' je vIngu'laH.
>
> Find out
> Which ruler has Tao,
> Which commander has the ability,
> Which side has the benefits of climate and terrain,
> Which side has an effective method of command,
> Which army is stronger,
> Whose officers and troops are better trained,
> Which side metes out clear punishments and rewards.
>
> From these I gain advance knowledge
> And can predict victory or defeat. [C]

I can only offer feedback as a reader, others obviously have much better
knowledge of vocab & grammar.

I'm enjoying very much!

In this part, I find a little bit of dissonance between {De'vam tISuq},
which sets me up mentally to see a list of facts, and the list itself, which
is a list of action-commands.

--
qa'vaj
qo'lIj DachenmoHtaH