tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 22 20:12:05 2007

Re: "to-be" + <<-bogh>>

Doq ([email protected])

I'm just not finding {<<pronoun>>-bogh} all that interesting. The
issue for me is that I don't see pronouns as taking a full set of verb
suffixes. There are quite a few that have either no functionality or
really weird, mysterious possibilities.

jIH'egh?

maHchuq?

ghaHbeH?

I prefer {HoD vImoj} to {HoD jIHchoH}.

ghaHHa'?

jIHlu'?

I see {ghaHbogh} as marginally meaningful, requiring really special
context that is so rare as to verge on poetry. I don't see prose
having much use for it in an average day. If I never see this
resolved, I doubt it will decrease the set of things I can express
comfortably in Klingon.

Just my opinion.

Doq

Back to archive top level