tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 16 19:09:05 2007

Re: jIHtaHbogh naDev vISovbe'

ja' lay'tel SIvten:

> The captain sold the ship I fled in. (or) The captain sold the ship
> in which
> I fled.
>
> DujDaq jIHaw'.  Dujvetlh ngev HoD.
> [I fled in a ship. The captain sold that ship.]
>
> Avoidance of relative clauses may always be possible by using two
> sentences.

This is a very old argument, and you've given the typical resolution
to the problem.  But SuStel was asking how to extend my analysis of
{jIHtaHbogh naDev vISovbe'} to apply to the question.

As I said in my previous message, I will not so extend my analysis here.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level