tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 04 06:29:37 2007

Re: usage of type-7 aspect suffix {-pu}

Qang qu'wI' wrote:
> poSpu' HoD mInDu'
>
> In the absence of any context, would this be understood to indicate that the
> captain's eyes are currently opened, or are currently closed?
> Or is it undetermined and therefore dependent entirely on context?

The sentence does not indicate any time context, so we don't know what's
"current." All we know is that the sentence refers to the the captain's
eye-opening being complete.

> I'm also not sure if Klingons would necessarily use the verb {poS} with this
> meaning (for eyes), of course, but I'm willing to live with it.

Sovbe'.

David
Stardate 7924.9

Back to archive top level