tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 04 04:33:44 2007

usage of type-7 aspect suffix {-pu}

Qang qu'wI' ([email protected])

In playing around with something, I stumbled onto a complete gap in my
understanding of the type-7 aspect suffix {-pu'}
By way of example:

poSpu' HoD mInDu'

In the absence of any context, would this be understood to indicate that the
captain's eyes are currently opened, or are currently closed?
Or is it undetermined and therefore dependent entirely on context?

I'm also not sure if Klingons would necessarily use the verb {poS} with this
meaning (for eyes), of course, but I'm willing to live with it.

--
Qang qu'wI'

Back to archive top level