tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 01 19:07:20 2007

Re: Chuck

ja' Qov:

> ...then I realized it is most likely supposed to be
> bIpIvHa'law' - "you look terrible" straight out of the appendix,
> complete with pronunciation bi-piv-KHA-low,...

I just found it playing live on television, with the TiVo already
holding the first few minutes in its buffer.  I watched it with
closed captioning, and Qov is absolutely correct.  The captions are
exactly what TKD's appendix gives as the "rough pronunciation".

The "gajadweb" question is captioned "Khi-Ja?" (with "Khi-Ja? Gho-
Be?" following as expected).  Unless we can get a copy of the script,
I guess we won't know for sure what the line was intended to be.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level