tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 02 17:18:09 2006

Re: Stovokor

Shane MiQogh ([email protected])

Alan Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:  ja' Shane MiQogh:

>> ghe'torDaq jIHchugh, DaquvHa'lu'ta'.
> "If you're in grethor, one has dishonored you."

toH! muj DIp qa'meH Dalo'ta'bogh. DawIvta', 'ach qechlIj
DamuchmeH 'utlaw' . 'ej chaq pab pIm poQ qechlIj, jIH'e'
choqelbe'law'mo'.

I understand now. My previous confusion stems from two sources.
First, you used {jIH} when you meant {SoH}. Second, you probably
don't really want to use {SoH} anyway, unless you literally mean the
person you are talking to. Klingon uses the indefinite subject to
carry the idea often expressed with an impersonal/general "you" in
English.

jIH was ment. Yea, last email, i made a mistake (heaven forbid being human) and i ment to say 1st person not 3rd person. "If i am in grethor, one dishonored me."