tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 01 09:44:43 2006

Re: Hamlet

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

naHQun:
> > (I normally get stuck on the part that says Paramount
> > owns the copyright to the Klingon translation)

ghunchu'wI':
>There's a perfectly reasonable explanation for that.  The KLI *gave*
>Paramount the copyright (and the camera-ready translation itself) in
>return for having it published as a mass-market trade paperback by
>Pocket Books.

IIRC the corporate media giant ViaCom owns both Paramount Studios and Simon
& Schuster (Pocket Books is their mass-market paperback division).  Simon &
Schuster/Pocket Books publishes virtually all official Trek-related books
and games.

>Paramount does not own the Klingon translation to _Much Ado about
>Nothing_.

Makes sense as this was *not* published by Pocket Books, but by the Klingon
Language Institute (which is licensed by Paramount).

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level