tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 01 04:07:17 2006

Re: Hamlet

ja' naHQun:

> (I normally get stuck on the part that says Paramount
> owns the copyright to the Klingon translation)

rejmorgh yImojHa'.  DIbvetlh nobta' tlhIngan Hol yejHaD.  ghIq qo'vaD
paq lIng Pocket Books.  <paghmo' tIn mIS> DoQbe' Paramount.

There's a perfectly reasonable explanation for that.  The KLI *gave*
Paramount the copyright (and the camera-ready translation itself) in
return for having it published as a mass-market trade paperback by
Pocket Books.

Paramount does not own the Klingon translation to _Much Ado about
Nothing_.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level