tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 31 08:22:23 2006

Re: pronouns

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

>ghItlhpu' Shane MiQogh, ja':
> >nI' poH, tlhIngan Hol vIjatlhbe'pu'.

QeS:
>A suggestion: the verb phrase {qaStaHvIS} "while it happens" is
>extraordinarily useful in Klingon. {qaStaHvIS nI' poH tlhIngan Hol
>vIjatlhbe'pu'} "I have not spoken Klingon for a long time".

{qaStaHvIS poH nI' ...}  Cf. KGT p.121:

      wa'maH cha' pemmey wa'maH cha' rammey je
     ("twelve days and twelve nights")

    This is a rather long-winded way to say "a long time" (which
    would be {poH nI'} in nonidiomatic speech).

> >And i really dont' consider -be' and -Qo' or any other verb suffixes as
> >conjugation.
>
>You've missed Voragh's point: he was primarily showing you the use of verb
>*prefixes*, not verb suffixes. By this standard, all true verbs in Klingon
>*must* conjugate according to subject and object

wa' DoS wIqIp.  (My point exactly.)

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons