tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 29 01:16:59 2006

Re: Hop veng Sum

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

Quvar wrote:
> >"I thought the nearest village was miles away"
> >{jIHDaq Hopqu' vengHom Sum 'e' vIHar}

QeS qrote:
> I would have put it as {jIHDaq Hop(-qu') Sumqu'bogh vengHom 'e' vIHar} "I
believed that the village which was nearest was (very) distant".

That's almost the same as what I wrote. I don't see much difference between
{Sumbogh veng} and {veng Sum}.
But the idea of using {-qu'} here looks very good for me.

I'll use this:
{jIHDaq veng Hopqu' 'oH veng Sum'e' 'e' vIHar.}

(until someone finds an even better solution ;-)

Quvar.