tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 24 04:23:18 2006

Re: (KLBC) How does one express feelings...?

Shane MiQogh ([email protected])

Like i said, not everyone has that luxury. There are things in every day life that prevent may prevent some people from getting TKD. That's why i'm going to be working on this, and paramount will always have command of the language, that's the way they are, cause they know they could make an extra $10 off of it.

QeS 'utlh <[email protected]> wrote:  ghItlhpu' Shane MiQogh, ja':
>I have an objective to make TKD a luxury, rather than need. I don't
>mean copying or replacing, i wanna make it possible to learn Klingon
>without it, but, at the same time make TKD still wantable cause it'll
>be easier that way.

Unfortunately, the fact at the moment is that TKD is the only textbook
available for the language. "Klingon" is still a trademark of Paramount and
ultimately of Viacom. Some people have contested the copyright on the
language itself in light of other legal decisions, but it has never come to
a court of law, and Viacom have deep pockets (even if they happen to be
wrong from a legal point of view).

As the situation stands right now, learning Klingon by only reading the
mailing list is like learning Inuktitut by only reading the Nunavut Hansard.
In theory, it could be done, but in practice... TKD is reasonably priced,
and will save you a lot of unnecessary hassle.

QeS 'utlh
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD pabpo' / Grammarian of the Klingon Language Institute

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' ngo' je
- Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

New year, new job ? there's more than 100,00 jobs at SEEK
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau&_t=752315885&_r=Jan05_tagline&_m=EXT

 What are the most popular cars?  Find out at Yahoo! Autos

Back to archive top level