tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 23 09:20:48 2006

Re: -be' or -Qo'? I forget what the acronym was for the front... lol

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Shane MiQogh:
>Must be hard then, what do you say for that? "Like" like they do in
>french? (For "i love you")

For example:

   bangwI' SoH.
   You are my love (loved one/beloved)

   banglI' jIH.
   I am your love (loved one/beloved)

Hmm... you could even use that for the famous line from "Song of Songs",
often inscribed on Jewish wedding rings and other romantic jewelry:

   *dodi li va-ani lo*
    my beloved is mine and I am his

Literally "my beloved is to me and I am to him".  The point is:  Translate
*ideas* not specific nouns, verbs or formulas.  Yes, it's harder in Klingon
than in more developed languages, but that's part of the fun.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level