tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Apr 20 14:38:58 2006

Re: Qo'noS bIQDep

QeS 'utlh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' Shane MiQogh, ja':
>I think i said "yuQ Qo'noS" at one point, which would mean "Kronos
>of planet" which makes no sence.

It could also be treated as an apposition of nouns (i.e. just two nouns one
next to the other) as in English, rather than as a noun-noun construction
per se: "the planet Kronos". That was the interpretation that I had in my
mind.

QeS 'utlh
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD pabpo' / Grammarian of the Klingon Language Institute

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' ngo' je
     - Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

Test drive new cars from the comfort of your desk at carpoint.com.au
http://secure-au.imrworldwide.com/cgi-bin/a/ci_450304/et_2/cg_801459/pi_1004813/ai_833884