tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 14 00:54:57 2006

Re: mangpu' or negh?

QeS 'utlh ([email protected])

ghItlhpu' Shane MiQogh, ja':
>Exactly, we don't have a need for it, but it's still correct... Fact is,
>just
>because we don't need it, dosn't mean it's incorrect, or alot of synonyms
>wouldn't exist.

DuHbe' bIQ DungDaq lenglaHbogh Duj'e' 'ach yav DungDaq lenglaHbe'bogh.
(Unless you count hovercraft, which I think are just a special case of
vessels that travel on the water.)

>well, the boat that's "on" the water, is also partially under (the bottom).
>Therefor, i'd consider it within the water because it's under and over the
>water.

What about a submarine then, which is technically not just under the water,
but in it? Shouldn't it be an "en-marine"?

>Well, i think -'a' and -Hom and others are just like usage of verbs...
>Multiple
>meanings, like jIQong (i sleep) or (i am asleep) though jIQongtaH (means i
>am sleeping). I beleive that this is how it is, and only context can tell
>what
>the suffix means.

tagha' wa' DoS wIqIp.

QeS 'utlh
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD pabpo' / Grammarian of the Klingon Language Institute

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' ngo' je
     - Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

realestate.com.au: the biggest address in property
http://ninemsn.realestate.com.au

Back to archive top level