tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Apr 14 01:11:42 2006

Re: mangpu' or negh?

Shane MiQogh ([email protected])

vo'wI' ghajtaHchugh'a'? <Final Fantasy> DaSov'a'?

  (What if it has propellers? Have you heard of final fantasy? lol)
  And i beleive shoreline is what determins, between in, under, and over. If it is completely in, then it is considered "under" i do beleive. If it's floating it's "in". If it's not touching the water at all, it's "above". But don't quote me on that much, but if you're right, it could also becalled that.

  lughHa' vInoblu'.

  (I get the impression that it is incorrect. (referance to things like be''a'.)

QeS 'utlh <[email protected]> wrote:
  ghItlhpu' Shane MiQogh, ja':
>Exactly, we don't have a need for it, but it's still correct... Fact is,
>just
>because we don't need it, dosn't mean it's incorrect, or alot of synonyms
>wouldn't exist.

DuHbe' bIQ DungDaq lenglaHbogh Duj'e' 'ach yav DungDaq lenglaHbe'bogh.
(Unless you count hovercraft, which I think are just a special case of
vessels that travel on the water.)

>well, the boat that's "on" the water, is also partially under (the bottom).
>Therefor, i'd consider it within the water because it's under and over the
>water.

What about a submarine then, which is technically not just under the water,
but in it? Shouldn't it be an "en-marine"?

>Well, i think -'a' and -Hom and others are just like usage of verbs...
>Multiple
>meanings, like jIQong (i sleep) or (i am asleep) though jIQongtaH (means i
>am sleeping). I beleive that this is how it is, and only context can tell
>what
>the suffix means.

tagha' wa' DoS wIqIp.

QeS 'utlh
tlhIngan Hol yejHaD pabpo' / Grammarian of the Klingon Language Institute

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' ngo' je
- Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

realestate.com.au: the biggest address in property
http://ninemsn.realestate.com.au