tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Apr 02 07:14:39 2006

Re: more Okuda pIqaD?

ngabwI' ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shane MiQogh" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, April 01, 2006 2:26 PM
Subject: Re: more Okuda pIqaD?

> I don't know all of you well enough to know to what lengths you'll go
> before giving up. Some people (not saying anyone here) would go as far as
> to search day and night online till they found a way to decypher that.

Agreed.

This list is full of people who learned a fictional alien language *for
fun*. It's an intellectual exercise, a puzzle to be solved, if you will.
Some have been studying it for years, sir. I can't tell you how many times
I've asked myself some seemingly insignificant question, a passing thought,
really, (be it about Klingon or anything else) that took me in a completely
different direction and improved my understanding of the way things work,
and, perhaps more importantly to me, the way that *I* work, my biases and
assumptions.

I have absolutely no doubt that if any of us set our minds to it, was really
curious enough, the "pIqaD Code", if it exists, would eventually crack, and
the one who did would be smarter and more insightful for the experience.

--ngabwI'
Klingon Grammarian
HovpoH 704362.2

Back to archive top level