tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Apr 01 15:40:45 2006

Re: more Okuda pIqaD?

Shane MiQogh ([email protected])

Actually, vulcan (even though it's not a language) dosn't have any vowels.  Thus why spock's name is considered unpronouncable.  Theoretically then, Sarak would be Srk.  Though, there is no vulcan language. Only Klingon.
Russ Perry Jr <[email protected]> wrote:  At 12:50 PM -0500 4/1/06, [email protected] wrote:
> [email protected] writes:
>> Trying to apply these values to the Vulcan sign looks hopeless to
>> me. And if the sign really says "welcome" _in Vulcan_, then all
>> bets are off on what the text is even supposed to say.

> I hadn't thought of it being in Vulcan.

I have, from a long time ago, a booklet about "The Vulcan language".
Unfortunately, I can't seem to find it right now.

But I'm thinking that even if it's "in Vulcan", what that probably
means is that it's a "Vulcan" word written in the same language as
English, then having piQaD characters replacing the English ones
correspondingly. There might not be any real grammatical sense to
the text though.

I did some Googling...

http://home.teleport.com/~vli/kathi.htm

...lists "Gredal" as "Welcome (noun)"; does the pattern "gredal"
match a piQaD pattern we know of?

http://home.teleport.com/~vli/eng-gv9.htm

...gives the following:

Welcome -- rom'lasha, rom'lashan (TGV), farmah, farmahn (MGV)
Welcome, to be -- pafarmah

The main site is http://home.teleport.com/~vli/vlif.htm or more
memorably (redirector): http://vulcanlanguage.com

I have no idea if these pages have any relationship to the booklet I
have, but it's possible.
|| Russ Perry Jr 2175 S Tonne Dr #114 Arlington Hts IL 60005 ||
|| 847-952-9729 [email protected] VIDEOGAME COLLECTOR! ||