tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Apr 01 15:42:46 2006

Re: more Okuda pIqaD?

In a message dated 4/1/2006 5:34:12 PM Central Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> > I hadn't thought of it being in Vulcan.
>
> I have, from a long time ago, a booklet about "The Vulcan language".
> Unfortunately, I can't seem to find it right now.
>
> But I'm thinking that even if it's "in Vulcan", what that probably
> means is that it's a "Vulcan" word written in the same language as
> English, then having piQaD characters replacing the English ones
> correspondingly.  There might not be any real grammatical sense to
> the text though.

The Vulcan language may have no relevance here at all, since the sign itself
is located in the *town* of Vulcan, in the middle of nowhere (50.24N 113.15W),
15-20 km from the next town.

lay'tel SIvten

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level