tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Oct 04 02:16:21 2005

Re: pickup lines

Thorwald Peeters ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

<quote who="QeS lagh">
> jIghItlhpu', jIja':
>>So yes, I'd say this is fine too - in fact, knowing the Klingon tendency
>>to directness, this is probably the most likely "pickup line" you'd hear
>>in a Klingon bar. No frills - just down to... er... business.
>
> mujang SoplaHtaHwI', ja':
>>I wonder about the intonation used though...
>
> What do you mean?

I mean would one say "Bite me!" in the Anglo-American way or "Bite me..."
in a "Give me sugar"/"Come to papa" way... 8-)

> QeS la'
> taghwI' pabpo' / Beginners' Grammarian
>

> not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' ngo' je
> (Old roads and old friends will never deceive you)
>      - Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

> MyCareer.com.au: Visit the NEW Salary Survey
> http://www.mycareer.com.au/salary-survey/?s_cid=203697

Thorwald Peeters
a.k.a. qa'pIn qorghon puqloD, q'meQ tuq
a.k.a. SoplaHtaHwI'