tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 22 08:29:14 2005

Re: Subtle shadings of "then": Okrand's error ?

bob mcfaddin ([email protected])

QeS lagh <[email protected]> wrote:
ja'pu' lay'tel SIvten:
>qay'law' mughDaj neH.

Daj mugh 'oHbe'. mughDaj 'oH tlhIngan Hol mu'tlhegh'e'. bom mu'mey mugh 'e'
nID, 'ach bom mu'vetlh qonpu' latlh nuv (Ray Charles'e' qonta').

Savan,

QeS lagh
Lessee now... The last sentence says something like:

He tries to translate the words of a song, but the human (Ray Charles) recorded that additional word to the song.

The second sentence seems to refer to a Klingon language "rope" which I think refers to this translation "thread"... an inventive use of the term...

That's about all I can get until I learn what mughDaj vs Daj mugh means...

jajvam lururbogh jajmey'e' lutu'lu' muja'ta' SoSoywI'

juDmoS

Yahoo! Mail Mobile