tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 29 08:29:00 2005

Re: KLS

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Voragh:
> >    rop
> >    He/she is sick. KLS

lay'tel SIvten:
>Here is what I have from KLS:
>
>jIQum = I communicate. (STC:KLS)"Star Trek Continuum: Klingon Linguistic
>Studies"
>
>What else is there from KLS?

Mainly some definitions in English written by the staffer maintaining
<http://www.startrek.com's/>startrek.com's Klingon Compendium area (i.e.
they were NOT suppled by Okrand) and a series of one-word examples of
conjugated verbs with accompanying sound files spoken by Okrand.  The
latter are all of the {jIbup} "I quit", {bIbep} "You complain", {rop}
"He/she is sick" variety.  Not terribly informative but occasionally
they're the only example of the verb used in canon.  Here I thought the
difference between {rop} "He/she *is* sick" vs. {jIroplaw'} "I *feel* sick"
was worth noting.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons