tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 29 07:59:11 2005

Re: untranslated Klingon in ST6 soundfile

In a message dated 6/29/2005 6:01:57 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> I've made a short file that includes the sound repeated several times, and
> also slowed down to 50 percent. Listen to it! I think after one has heard
> it, s/he won't say that it's {chIl}. You definitely hear three syllables.
> :-)
>
> qet it at http://www.qepHom.de/tlham.mp3
> (only 210 kb)
>
> Greetz,
>   Quvar.

I listened twice to the whole soundbite.  I hear {tlham chu'lu'}, or maybe
{tlham chuHlu'}.  I do *not* hear any other vowel in the second word, and the
first part doesn't sound like {chIl}.

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level