tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 27 15:40:26 2005

Re: untranslated Klingon in ST6

Lieven L. Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

Am Mon, 27 Jun 2005 11:21:14 -0500 hat Steven Boozer <[email protected]>
geschrieben:

> There was actually quite a bit of untranslated Klingon, some of which was
> simply transcribed in tlhIngan Hol in the closed captions.  Here's what I
> was able to pick up:

There's still one phrase which I don't understand at all:
 When gravity is lost, one klingon is flying around, and then a federation
man shoots at him. The klingon shouts something like *puqwa'!*
(I believe that's the klingon in the court who lost one arm)

> The attack on Kronos One (much untranslated shouting):
>
> Korrd:   <numagh>
> [They've betrayed us.]

Korrd?? Ain't that the wrong movie? ;-)

> _____:   tlham <chIllu'>  (?)
> (We've lost gravity!)
> [heard: tlham <chu'>lu' (for chuHa'lu'?)]

I definitely hear three syllables:
{tlham chu'-Ha'-lu'}

> _____:   nuqDaq bIH
> [Where are they?]

Sure?? I hear {nuqDaq DevwI'}
But there i too much noise around of course.

Quvar.

Back to archive top level