tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 27 09:22:08 2005

untranslated Klingon in ST6

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

QeS lagh:
> >> The word was used in
> >> ST6 with exactly the translation you're looking for: {ropyaH yIghuHmoH}

lay'tel:
> > Voragh,
> > Do you have text for any of the other ST6 Klingon that has no subtitles?
> > Or for the phrase "Restoring artificial gravity..."?

>Quvar:
>Sorry, I'm not Voragh, but I like to answer anyway ;-)
>I have no notes for that, but from my mind I remember:
>
>    {tlham chu'Ha'lu'} "gravity has been disabled" (ST6)

There was actually quite a bit of untranslated Klingon, some of which was
simply transcribed in tlhIngan Hol in the closed captions.  Here's what I
was able to pick up:

Emergency transmission from Praxis to Excelsior:

Ininis:  ghoQaH... <...>
          [Help us! <???>]
          [speaking klingon]   (captions)

In the Enterprise transporter room, after dinner:

Chang:    DaH machegh
           [We're returning now.]
           [DaH machegh.]  (captions)

The attack on Kronos One (much untranslated shouting):

Korrd:   <numagh>
           [They've betrayed us.]

_____:   <Qu'vatlh>
           [$%##@!]

_____:   <... yItu'>
          [Find ...!]

_____:   tlham <chIllu'>  (?)
          (We've lost gravity!)
           [heard: tlham <chu'>lu' (for chuHa'lu'?)]

_____:   chay' jura'
          [What are your orders?]
          [chay' jura']   (captions)

_____:   nuqDaq bIH
          [Where are they?]

_____:   chach
          [Emergency!]

Guard1:  yotwI'
          [Intruder!]
          [yotwI'!]   (captions)

Korrd:   SoH 'Iv jay'
          [Who the hell are you?]
          [SoH 'Iv jay'?] (captions)

Korrd:   ghoQaH
          [Help us!]
          [ghoQaH]  (captions)

_____:   qaStaH nuq jay'
          [What the hell is happening?]
          [gaStaH nug jay'?]   (captions)

_____:   ropyaH yIghuHmoH
          [Alert sick bay!]
          [ropyaH yIghuHmoH!]   (captions)

_____:   yIwoH
          [Pick him up!]   [lifting Gorkon onto table]

_____:   yI<Hot>be' (??)
          [Don't touch him!]

Guard:   HItlhej      [escorting McCoy out of room]
          [Come with me!]

War council on Kronos One after Gorkon's assassination:

Azetbur: ghu'maj Dayajbe'law', Sa'.
          (untranslated)
          {"You don't seem to grasp our situation, General.} (novel)

Kirk and McCoy's show trial on Kronos:

Chang:    ...taH pagh. Qo'noS wa'Daq baHta' <DaH wa'noS> ...
           (... that Enterprise fired on Kronos One without provocation.)
           [taH pagh. Qo'noS wa'Daq baHta'.]  (captions)
           ["the Enterprise fired on Kronos One without
            provocation"]   (translator's voice & captions)

On Rura Penthe (each repeated several times):

Guard:  yIghoS
         [Get moving!]

Guard:  yIghoStaH
         [Keep moving!]
         [shouting in klingon]  (captions)
         [yIghoStaH!]           (captions)

Guard:  yIHu'
         [Get up!]

Guard:  tugh tugh
         [Hurry up!]
         [tugh! tugh!]  (captions)

Guard:  tugh yIyIt
         [Walk faster!]

Attempted assassination of President Ra-ghoratrei and Azetbur at Khitomer:

Kerla:    <ghowuv>  (??)
            [Rely on us!]

--
Voragh