tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 21 02:58:50 2005

Is it my turn yet?

bob mcfaddin ([email protected])

I know that the Klingons have a huge propensity for games - whether as ritualized combat (klin zha) or as a handy excuse for beating the tar outta each other(qeylIS mInDu'). For something I'm working on, I've been trying to figure out a way to refer the concept of taking "turns"...implying not only that there is a structure to this game but that, when my turn is over, it is your (or someone else's) turn, which will itself have a definite starting and ending point, during which he/she/it will attempt to counter whatever strategy you are attempting to employ, and that, eventually, it will be my turn again, and so on, until the winner of the game is decided (rather a long-winded description for a simple four-letter-word, is it not?). I know the concept exists, but what means has been used to convey this concept to date? I've been so far unable to determine a way to do this that does not involve a lengthy discussion of the concepts. Is there one? Can someone refer me to a handy term or
 phrase which will sum this up concisely?

jajvam lururbogh jajmey'e' lutu'lu' muja'ta' SoSoywI'

juDmoS

Yahoo! Sports