tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 15 09:13:04 2005

Re: Mr. Charles, wISuchqapu'

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

juDmoS:
> >Take these tears from my eyes and let me see
> >Just a spark of the love that used to be
> >
> >jIHvaD bIghajbe'choHbogh parmaq 'ay''e'
> >vIleghlaHmeH mInDu'wIj tInIjbe'choHmoH

QeS lagh:
>So: {jIHvaD parmaq 'ay''e' Daghajbe'choHbogh} "a piece of the love which you
>stopped having for me".

Here I'd use the noun {'op} "some, an unknown or unspecified
quantity":  {'op parmaq} "some of the love/lust".  We don't know whether
{parmaq} can be divided like this, but {'ay'} "section, part, component,
piece" doesn't feel right to me.  Our only example of the latter is
{'ay'mey tetlh} "technical callouts" (i.e. a "parts list") on the BoP
poster so {'ay'} is probably refers to a physical object, although we do
use it fairly often on this List metaphorically.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level