tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 09 02:59:49 2005

Re: tears (Re: Mr. Charles, revisited)

bob mcfaddin ([email protected])

QeS lagh <[email protected]> wrote:
ja' SuSvaj:
>It might be best to just say: "mIn bIQ."

I think you're probably right: if a Klingon doing English at school was told
to translate "tear" into Klingon, I'd guess that he'd write {mIn bIQ}. Good
suggestion.

jang Voragh:
>Or {mInDu' yIQ} "wet eyes".
> yIQchoH mInDu'wIj
> my eyes tear up ("become wet")

Another good idea. Of course, if a Klingon sees a human crying, he might
turn to his friend and jokingly say {yIlegh, nIj tera'ngan mInDu'} "look,
the Terran's eyes are leaking"!

Savan,

QeS lagh
taghwI' pabpo' / Beginners' Grammarian

I actually rather like that...let's see:

jIleghlaHmeH mInDu'wIj tInIjbe'choHmoH

Make my eys stop leaking, so I can see!

Hmmmm... this has interesting possibilities...

jajvam lururbogh jajmey'e' lutu'lu' muja'ta' SoSoywI'

juDmoS

Discover Yahoo!