tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 08 16:45:06 2005

Re: tears (Re: Mr. Charles, revisited)

QeS lagh ([email protected])

ja' SuSvaj:
>It might be best to just say: "mIn bIQ."

I think you're probably right: if a Klingon doing English at school was told
to translate "tear" into Klingon, I'd guess that he'd write {mIn bIQ}. Good
suggestion.

jang Voragh:
>Or {mInDu' yIQ} "wet eyes".
>   yIQchoH mInDu'wIj
>   my eyes tear up ("become wet")

Another good idea. Of course, if a Klingon sees a human crying, he might
turn to his friend and jokingly say {yIlegh, nIj tera'ngan mInDu'} "look,
the Terran's eyes are leaking"!

Savan,

QeS lagh
taghwI' pabpo' / Beginners' Grammarian

not nItoj Hemey ngo' juppu' ngo' je
     - Ubykh Hol vIttlhegh

REALESTATE: biggest buy/rent/share listings
http://ninemsn.realestate.com.au

Back to archive top level