tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 01 07:19:01 2005

Re: More on Ray Charles

bob mcfaddin ([email protected])

[email protected] wrote:
In a message dated 6/1/2005 8:55:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:

> And, would the aforementioned premise be more accurately carried by
> something like DaSovchu'Ha' ?

{-Ha'} acts like a type 1 verb suffix. It's a rover in name only.

lay'tel SIvten

Hmmmm...I couldn't find that... about it not being an actual rover...but, taking that as a given, the more I read about -Ha', the more convinced I become. Seems like an accurate portrayal of the premise intended would be something more along the lines of DaSovHa' .... in English, it makes little sense, like "you misknow me" But in Klingon, it seems to carry the connotation well. Like, you know me, but wrongly.. like the premise I mentioned before..that you know me, but not as well as you think you do. Lessee...

choSovchu' 'e' DaHar 'e' luyajchu'laH  Hoch 'ach choSovHa' .

Everyone can perfectly understand that you believe that you know me perfectly, but you mis-know me...

as a translation of "And anyone can tell, you think you know me well, but you don't know me.."

Yepper, I think that works! BG? Anyone?

jajvam lururbogh jajmey'e' lutu'lu' muja'ta' SoSoywI'

juDmoS

Discover Yahoo!