tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 25 07:42:57 2005

Re: qep'a'vo' jIchegh + new word #1

Tad Stauffer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

Yes, he wrote both the Klingon and English. Since the qaDHom cha' was
supposed to have nonsense/weird phrases, I don't think it's supposed to
have any meaning other than the literal translation.
- taD

At 07:38 AM 7/25/2005, Quvar wrote:
>Am Sun, 24 Jul 2005 14:43:17 -0400 hat Tad Stauffer
><[email protected]> geschrieben:
>
> > The last sentence was the sentence from the card:
> > {meyrI'Daq 'oHtaH gho'e'} The circle is in the square.
>
>just to make sure: did mark okrand write both the klingon and english?
>
>and did he tell anything about it?
>the sentence sounds very idiomatic, since it doesn't make any real sense,
>besides of the literal. or did he just make a joke saying rubbish like "the
>elefant is in the fridge"... (?)

Back to archive top level